Welcome to Mother of God’s First Communion Program! We are delighted to have your child join our program and we look forward to teaching your child about our faith and growing closer to our Lord. As they get ready to receive the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, we ask all parents to help their children prepare for this sacrament. The home is where the faith is developed and lived out and each parent is a model to their child on what a life of faith looks like.
First Communion classes will begin in January twice a week.
- Every Saturday from 2:00 pm–5:00 pm. On this day, children are taught from lesson plans followed by mandatory mass
- Another weekday from 6:00-8:00 pm (day to be determined). On this day, children are taught discipleship, readings from the bible, and about the mass in the church.
Tests and quizzes will be given. Each child is expected to study and prepare for these exams.
With your assistance we ask the following:
- To be on-time when attending the class
- Parents to attend mass with your child and any holy days of obligations
- At home, help your child and work on memorization
- Be respectful to other students and to the teachers and helpers
- If your child has a chronic illness (ex: diabetic, asthma, allergies, etc…) please notify the teacher immediately with any accomodations that need to be made
- You will be notified if your child misbehaves. It is expectated that parents will discuss the poor behavior with their child
- Please notify the teacher/helper if your child will be absent. If your child is absent 3 consecutive weeks, your child will not be able to continue the program (unless there is a good cause for the absence)
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we have new safety guidelines that all parents and students MUST abide by:
- All students will be required to answer screening questions before entering every classroom.
- Masks will be REQUIRED. If your child does not have a mask, they will be asked to go home.
- If you or your child is sick, we ask that you and your child stay home.
- The students will be required to social distance.
- To ensure less contact, we will not be distributing any materials or snacks this year.
- Supply lists will be sent out.
The Cost of the program is $200 which includes
– 2 Books for the Blessed program
– Mass Book
– 1st communion gown along with accessories
– Pictures/video. (taken by church hired photographer)
Your child must be in at least third grade to register. Also, an Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19 must be signed and returned to the church office before classes begin.
Registration is now closed for First Communion Class.
With your help, your child will enjoy the program and grow closer to God.
God bless you
25585 Berg Rd, Southfield, MI 48033
M-F: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm