Registration is now OPEN and will stop on Wednesday, September 22nd. Click on the following link to register
Welcome to Mother of God’s First Communion Program! We are delighted to have your child join our program and we look forward to teaching your child about our faith and growing closer to our Lord. As they get ready to receive the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, we ask all parents to help their children prepare for this sacrament. The home is where the faith is developed and lived out and each parent is a model to their child on what a life of faith looks like.
First Communion classes will begin on Saturday, September 25th.
- Every Saturday from 2:00 pm–5:00 pm. On this day, children are taught from lesson plans followed by mandatory mass
- Tuesday evenings from 6:00-8:00 pm. On this day, children are taught discipleship, readings from the bible, and about the mass in the church.
Tests and quizzes will be given. Each child is expected to study and prepare for these exams.
With your assistance we ask the following:
- To be on time when attending the class
- Parents to attend mass with their child and any holy days of obligations
- At home, help your child and work on memorization
- Be respectful to other students and the teachers and helpers
- If your child has a chronic illness (ex: diabetic, asthma, allergies, etc…) please notify the teacher immediately of any accommodations that need to be made
- You will be notified if your child misbehaves. It is expected that parents will discuss the poor behavior with their child
- Please notify the teacher/helper if your child will be absent. If your child is absent 3 consecutive weeks, your child will not be able to continue the program (unless there is a good cause for the absence)
The Cost of the program is $200 which includes
– Mass Book
– 1st communion gown along with accessories
– Pictures/video. (taken by church hired photographer)
Your child must be in at least third grade to register. Also, an Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19 must be signed and returned to the church office before classes begin.
With your help, your child will enjoy the program and grow closer to God.
God bless you